Monday 1 December 2014

Gluten Free Banana and Walnut Muffins



Hello!
I’ve not been doing much experimenting in the kitchen over the past couple of weeks – life has been hectic and I’ve been working on a new project (details to come). 
Anyway, I'm sure your here to read about muffins, so I'll get onto that....
My hubby picked up a huge amount of bananas through the week. The ones that don’t get eaten, we leave to get super ripe, then peel and break them up and store them in the freezer for smoothies.
The rest, I like to make banana muffins with! Yum!

This recipe I created myself, it began from just using a bit of this and a bit of that and hoping for the best! They work out amazing every single time.
They are gluten free and refined sugar free, however, they are not dairy free.
Perfect for school lunches, husband’s lunch box for work or just for mummy’s morning/afternoon tea!
You could freeze them too and just pull out as needed….this never happens in our house, they get devoured very quickly!
This was a bit of a rushed bake off tonight and I didn’t really take many photos, sorry! And yes, yes I know, the photos are HORRIBLE, I know, I apologise! I will be getting a 'big girl' camera soon, so please stay with me  ;-)
Baking Time: 35 minutes
Makes: 21 muffins
Ingredients:
  • 6 ripe bananas
  • 1/2 cup natural organic yoghurt
  •  2 teaspoons of organic vanilla essence
  • 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
  • 2 organic free range eggs
  • 1/2 cup organic raw milk
  • 3/4 cup crushed walnuts
  • 1/2 cup Natvia (stevia)
  • 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
  • 3 cups gluten free self raising flour
Method:
Pre heat oven to 160 degrees Celsius (this is for a non fan forced oven).
Mix all the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Combine well.
In a separate bowl, mash bananas and add all the wet ingredients. Combine well.
Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients.
Using a butter knife, mix gently until everything is combined together.
I like to use those fancy cafe muffin cases. I place them inside muffin pans and then half fill them with the mixture.
Sprinkle a mixture of Natvia, cinnamon and some crushed walnuts on the top, then place into the oven and bake for 35 minutes.


Once the timer has gone off, I leave them to rest, on the bench in the muffin tins. This allows the mixture to set properly. They don’t hold together well when eaten piping hot (unfortunately. I think it has something to do with the gluten free flour), straight from the oven. They are sort of gluggy and gluey (trust me, I’ve tried).
Once they have cooled though, they peel away from the paper cases perfectly and they are moist and delicious!
Best served with a nice big smear of organic butter! YUM…..

Enjoy!


0 comments:

Post a Comment