Thursday 30 October 2014

Zebra Print Hudson Pants



The moment I saw these pants in Perfect Pattern Parcel's 6th parcel, I knew I had to have them. The pattern is by True Bias.

I pretty much live in studio/harem style pants and leggings. I'm all about the comfort factor.

The Hudson Pants had a similar style to the pants I most often wear, although the Hudson's are a little slimmer in the legs.  The studio pants I wear normally are a bit baggier. 

I chose a zebra print polyester knit to make the pants with and I just used a basic black for the pocket detail, waistband and ankle cuffs.



I decided against using a tie on the waist because my washing machine eats ties like those for breakfast!



The pattern was pretty easy to sew up. I was excited because I got to use my new overlocker for the first time on an actual garment. Its amazing how much quicker things come together using one! I'm sure I'll get the hang of the overlocker in no time. I am happy with how the pants turned out!


I made the size 12 and they fit me perfectly. No adjustments were needed to be made.

I dressed them up a little and wore them out today to a meeting. So comfy! This will be the first of many pairs of Hudson Pants in my wardrobe!



You can purchase this pattern for a short time in Parcel #6, along with 5 other awesome ladies clothing patterns, from Pattern Parcel. They are all by indie designers and I think it's great to be able to support them.

Donations from Pattern Parcel also go to supporting children's education. So, what are you waiting for?! Go get it while the parcel is still available! Once its gone, its gone forever!!!

I'm excited to see what Parcel #7 will be! 





0 comments:

Post a Comment