Friday 7 November 2014

Healthy Strawberry Milkshake


I don't even remember the last time I bought a strawberry milkshake, or any other flavoured milkshake for that matter.

The shakes you buy at a store or cafe are most likely going to be made from a flavored syrup which is full of sugar, artificial colour and preservatives.

My kids can NOT handle such ingredients, within minutes, they are running around like crazy people - seriously, it's not cool. 
Because we don't consume these additives at all, the reaction is horrifying and is proof enough that we should keep on the path of keeping them out of our bodies.

I love a good milkshake though, so I've been tinkering around with a few ingredients that will satisfy my sweet milky cravings!

This recipie makes a mean organic strawberry milkshake! Without all the nasties but with added goodness. A healthy milkshake. 

Here is what I use to make it:

1 cup frozen organic strawberries
5 ice cubes
1 heaped tablespoon of white chia seeds (you could use black, they serve the same purpose, but your milkshake will have black bits in it)
1 tablespoon of raw honey
800ml organic raw milk




Add all ingredients into your blender jug and blend until everything is well combined!! So easy and so delicious!!

This amount serves 3 people in large glasses.

Serve and enjoy!! 





0 comments:

Post a Comment